Access to Reserved CUB Rooms
Patrons may access their reserved space only during the "Pre-Event," "Event," and "Post-Event" times as indicated on the reservation form. All guests and non-CUB property must exit the reserved space by the appointed time. Late fees will be assessed at a rate of $250/hour.
Accessibility for Event Organizers
All WSU sponsored events and events that take place on campus, including camps and WSU Extension events, must be accessible in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504).
Audio, Visual, and Event Equipment
Basic audio/visual equipment, tables/chairs, and setup/takedown labor are included in venue prices for CUB meeting and event spaces. Additional audio/visual needs can be discussed with the event scheduler during an event planning meetings. The CUB does not rent equipment for outside use, however, Beasley Coliseum offers a variety of event equipment rentals.
Cancellation within 60 days of the reservation will result in a 25 percent cancellation fee; labor charges will be applied if staff already set up for the event. There will be no cancellation fee if a reservation is canceled in less than 3 business days after the reservation was initially made.
WSU Catering can be reached at 509-335-3570 or catering.wsu.edu
All catering in the Compton Union event spaces will be provided by WSU Catering.
A meeting attendee may purchase or bring food to a departmental meeting provided it is an individual serving size and is only for their individual consumption (e.g. a soda, sandwich, etc.). If food is being provided for the attendees of a meeting it is recommended to purchase from WSU Catering.
Student Organization Policy
Student Organizations may purchase food for their event from either WSU Catering at a 20% discount or from another vendor in the Compton Union Building. Student Organizations may purchase or bring their own snacks or light refreshments from outside vendors to a regular organization meeting in CUB meeting rooms (not for events in CUB event venues).
Copyright and Public Performance
Any public performance of any copyrighted material (music, television shows, films, etc) needs to obtain appropriate public performance rights. Personal subscriptions and logins (Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, etc) are not sufficient rights and are only valid for home use. Owning a physical copy of the work is not sufficient rights, either, and is only licensed for home use. Educational exemptions to copyright are extremely narrow and in general, do not apply to most events or meetings in the CUB. Proof of performance rights is required to show films, movies, or television shows inside of the CUB.
CUB General Schedule Policies
The CUB General Scheduling Policies are not limited to the contents found in this document. If you would like clarification or have questions not specifically addressed, please contact the CUB scheduling staff in CUB 140 for assistance.
All decorations must be approved by and coordinated with specific permission from Compton Union Administration. Small glitter and glow sticks are prohibited.
Guest parking for the Compton Union can be found in the Smith Center or Library parking garages. Hourly parking is available during the day; flat rates are available on evenings and weekends.
RSO Tabling Space Use Requirements
When using a CUB indoor Spine and/or outdoor Terrell Mall Table you hereby agree to the following “use conditions." Please be sure all users in your group are aware of and comply with these fees and conditions. Failure of your group to comply with these fees and conditions may result in denial of future requests.
- Table Check-out/Check-in Location is at the CUB Information Desk. Your group is responsible for transporting tables and chairs. All activity is restricted to within 3ft of the table. Wandering about the Mall or in the CUB to address patrons is not allowed. Table reservations are scheduled back to back so arriving early or staying late is not an option. Please note: Even if your activity does not need a table, you still need to have a Table Space reservation.
- Student Group Event Registration is required for any activity that includes fundraising, distribution of items including food and beverage, ticket sales, and donations. NOTE: RSOs are only allowed to sell items they own, not on behalf of other vendors.
- Storage of any kind is not available before, after, or between reservations.
- Amplified sound of any kind is not allowed.
- Guidelines for where you can set up a table on the Terrell Mall are west of the CUB west entrance, east of Library Road, and are first come-first serve. There must always be a 20’ access through the Mall for emergency vehicles. NOTE: All reservations are rain or shine. Canopies or moving to an indoor table on the reservation date is not an available option. Anything other than a single table reservation is considered an “Event”, not a table reservation. You will need to inquire about Mall event reservations in the Scheduling Office. Access to power is limited to some of the light poles in the Mall but please note, CUB staff does not maintain or provide that access or offer extension cords.
- Indoor CUB Spine Tables location and accommodations are at the discretion of the Facility Staff along the Spine wall although it’s normally first come, first serve. Access to power is not available.
- You must have a member for your group at the table at all times. Drop boxes, donation bins, or unmanned materials are not allowed.
RSO Scheduling Options and Discounts
- Student Organizations can apply for one Venue Fee Waiver 9see below) per academic year in the Senior Ballroom, Junior Ballroom, or Auditorium.
- Student Organizations receive FREE and unlimited use of Butch’s Den, the Lair, and the Reunion Stage for events, but can only schedule one event at a time, AV labor charges will apply if applicable.
- Note: meeting rooms in the Compton Union may not be reserved for studying unless the organization pays the associated room rental fees.
Registered Student Organization Event Requirements
- The RSO requesting the event must be registered in Coug Presence.
- RSO event organizers must meet with an event scheduler at least 14 days prior to the event to discuss needs and details.
- The Center for Student Organizations and Leadership requires that all RSO events be registered at least 14 days in advance in order to allow time to review risk management.
Storage space for event-related materials is not available in the Compton Union.
14 Day Notice
Depending on size and complexity of the event, online event reservations must be made at least 14 days in advance. Various event and facility staff need to be scheduled to accommodate each event and adequate time is needed for event organizers to meet with event schedulers to finalize details.